Chill, Chat, Collide

Join our friendly community where your interests can be shared, expressed, and enjoyed!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chill, Chat, Collide

Join our friendly community where your interests can be shared, expressed, and enjoyed!

Chill, Chat, Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly community where you can share your interests and enjoy talking about them with others.

+2
Nemuri Ryu
Celten
6 posters

Pokemon: Best Wishes

Celten
    Celten

Pokemon: Best Wishes Empty Pokemon: Best Wishes

Post  Celten Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:53 am

So...anybody watches the new Pokemon: Best Wishes series lately?

So for those that do not know, it's the 5th generation of Pokemon series, and it recently just started a few months ago. Now, Ash has joined up with two new friends: Iris and Dent (Dento) [English version may be different, but I'm watching the series from Japan every Thursday].

Of course, Pikachu is around, but Team Rocket entered beast mode after like, thousands of Pokemon episodes later xD

Recommend for those that love Pokemon! Even if you haven't watched the previous generation episodes, you will understand what's going on because it's a whole new land and place. Enjoy!
    Nemuri Ryu
    Nemuri Ryu

Pokemon: Best Wishes Empty Re: Pokemon: Best Wishes

Post  Nemuri Ryu Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:06 am

iwatch it and it seems that since its a brand new land brand new companions and all it seems its returning more to the basics of what pokemon used to be nya

plus the first battle pikachu has it seems we didnt got the swirl eye pathern rather he just colapsed nya =P so thats a good point nya =P
    Celten
    Celten

Post  Celten Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:12 am

I'm rather disappointed at Pikachu becoming weaker, but at least they got a reason why Pikachu got weaker instead of stronger (being that Pikachu has been with Ash since the beginning).

I'm excited for the next battle between Team Rocket and Ash! For once I'm not ticked off that they pop in out of nowhere and fail...it's beginning to sound like a cliche every time they appear in the past series...

But I praise them for a whole different change for everything, from Ash's party to his companions to Team Rocket.
    Nemuri Ryu
    Nemuri Ryu

Post  Nemuri Ryu Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:16 am

yeah its getting to a point where we might actually see what pokemonwas originaly meant to be nya

and ill say it now before more talk about pikachu getting weaker and what not nya

its not that pikachu is weaker nyaits that the other pokemon that they battle have also been for who know how many years with their trainers so they are as strong as pikachu owuld be nya

plus in the anime the leels doesnt exist and the battles are also afected by way more factors like terrain and the way they use the atacks andhow they combine and or look for an opening in the oponents defense

so no more talk about pikachu getting weaker and what not nya cause that doesnt happens nya they just encounter tough oponents and such nya
    Celten
    Celten

Post  Celten Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:21 am

Yea, you have a good point.

The battles are not about level, more about skill and the use of terrain (like you mentioned), even some luck here and there. That balances everything out so that Pikachu is like not level 100 after the whole entire Pokemon series.

It's interesting how Ash has captured nearly a full party early, which makes it exciting for evolutions in the future. Though, it also means there won't be much Pokemon to be captured by Ash (and it's not likely he'll release one soon). Though, the next episode is promising, being that it's Ash's first type owning a dark type. I don't think Ash will be holding that Pokemon based on rumors and such (and instead Iris will have that Pokemon), but it'll be awesome if he did. But that means no more Pokemon capturing. Razz

Nemuri Ryu
    Nemuri Ryu

Post  Nemuri Ryu Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:27 am

actually it seems more like a chance for it to be like in the first series nya

where all the extra went to oak for safe keeping nya

plus we might even see him actually getting a final evolution on the whole party minus pikachu nya

also there are rumors that if its going to follow the manga acurately then misty is comming back to stay either inthis seassonor in the next one when they visit almia nya
    Celten
    Celten

Post  Celten Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:32 am

That'd be awesome if old characters return back for a bit.

There's gonna be a special episode where they check out Brock and Dawn after they departure from Ash from the Sinnoh series.

I think there will be times that Ash needs to send Pokemon back to the lab, but then it means less training for the Pokemon unless he consistently switches back and forth.

Most likely Pokemon that will be captured will be by Iris or Dento, though I'd like to see more Pokemon battle action from those two than Ash really.

Also, it's good that Ash's Pokemon have basic moves to start with, rather than the common Flamethrower for his fire Pokemon, for example. It'll follow the path in the games in a sense.

I think the last episode was a great one, being that they showed two new moves taught AND a gym rematch right after (the transition from the training area to the gym was pretty funny). But yeah, promising future for the series so far!
    Nemuri Ryu
    Nemuri Ryu

Post  Nemuri Ryu Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:35 am

yeah it has a lot to offer and probably wont dissapoint nya

and well if misty returns is not going to be for a while nya =P she returns to stay nya =P

and if the series follows the manga to some acuracy then the next area is the ranger base of almia to which ash allready declined a position to be a member of after the manaphy movie nya =P

and suposedly he travels there with iris dento and misty nya
    EvilMuffin
    EvilMuffin

Post  EvilMuffin Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:14 am

I watch it and so far loving it.
    Finally Yes. Team Rocket are not Failures. lmao

Misty comin back ?! omg yay shes sexy C:

But Yeah. its not much of a disappointment to me i actually like it and cant wait to watch it all >: D
    Celten
    Celten

Post  Celten Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:58 pm

Come on, Team Rocket, for once I want more action from them...more battles...more Pokemon they can use!
    Rob1205
    Rob1205
    ♪ Musician
    ♪ Musician

Post  Rob1205 Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:14 am

LMAO I still remember James cant read maps LOL
    Celten
    Celten

Pokemon: Best Wishes Empty Episode 17!

Post  Celten Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Here's episode 17, with Ash's egg hatching! Love this episode, seeing Team Rocket back in action (for a while), a new Pokemon, and some humor mixed in it.

^ Part 1

^ Part 2

^ Preview of Episode 18
    sophie
    sophie
    Y u m.
    Y u m.

Post  sophie Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:05 pm

I've never heard, nor' seen this.
    It looks really interesting though, I'm tired of
    them being repetitive with pokemon, most of
    the shows from start to the last one I've seen
    are similar. I hope this one's much different.
    Celten
    Celten

Post  Celten Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:59 am

Yeah, before it used to be VERY repetitive. Of course Ash would beat the gym leaders even if he lost, Team Rocket would pop up and blast off, and he wouldn't win the Pokemon Leagues.

But I think the Best Wishes series is VERY promising so far. Team Rocket has a new look and a new role. They don't blast off for once, and seeing them battle Ash later on looks promising (I kinda fear they'll go back to their loserness later on. I hope not).

Ash caught 6 Pokemon with an early rate. Thus, it's likely his Pokemon will evolve soon, even he will catch more Pokemon (possible that his Pokemon will be exchanged or released).

Hopefully Pikachu will learn a pretty good new move, maybe to replace Quick Attack.

I encourage you to start watching these series, it does look promising, but it has potential to turn around and be cliche once more.
    Karmelita
    Karmelita
    Inexplicably Happy
    Inexplicably Happy

Location : Hiding around the corner, a bottle of Febreeze in my hand.

Post  Karmelita Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:42 pm

You know, one thing I'd like to see them do in Pokemon (but I doubt they'll do) is have Ash get older; and I mean have it actually reflect in his character, both physically and personality-wise. It seems like every season, he's still the same kid, just a smidgen wiser and more experienced in the ways of Pokemon. But he's gone through Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and the Battle Frontier (and now this new area) and he still looks and sounds like a 10-year old. He should be, what... 15-16 at least by now if not older?

Same goes for Misty and Brock; if they do decide to have them make an appearance, they should be older by now. Brock especially; since he was older than both Ash and Misty, he should be an adult by now. (Sure, he can keep the bumbling love-struck idjit shtick for all I care, but make him an adult bumbling love-struck idjit, since he should be in his very late teens if not his 20s by now)

But since Pokemon is primarily a kid series, I doubt they'll do anything in that regard. (But that's just me; I like to see character progression in a long-spanning series, kinda like how in Digimon 02, the previous season's characters were older teenagers)
    sophie
    sophie
    Y u m.
    Y u m.

Post  sophie Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:57 pm

I really agree on that; that would be a very
    interesting thing to see, because personally, I am some what tired
    as well to see him never age almost, because being honest, there's
    too many Pokemon shows. Then, with them, he's the same age in all
    of them, and each takes a year for him to complete his goal. (At
    the least.) The only thing they really seem to do is switch up
    their looks, add in people, and pokemon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:48 pm