Chill, Chat, Collide

Join our friendly community where your interests can be shared, expressed, and enjoyed!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chill, Chat, Collide

Join our friendly community where your interests can be shared, expressed, and enjoyed!

Chill, Chat, Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly community where you can share your interests and enjoy talking about them with others.

2 posters

Art/Writer's Block

Kuroryou
    Kuroryou

Art/Writer's Block Empty Art/Writer's Block

Post  Kuroryou Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:24 pm

Here you can rant about how many a block sucks. Complain about how many days it has been since you work on a story or how terrible it is to pick up a pencil and nothing comes up to your mind.

For me, it's not really the block that's the problem. It is more of my motivation.
    Karmelita
    Karmelita
    Inexplicably Happy
    Inexplicably Happy

Location : Hiding around the corner, a bottle of Febreeze in my hand.

Art/Writer's Block Empty Re: Art/Writer's Block

Post  Karmelita Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Well, I listen to a lot of music and sometimes, my mind wanders and an idea just suddenly pops into my head. When it does, I HAVE to start charting it down, whether it be by writing an outline, or by actually starting the story itself (usually it's the latter that happens; I'm bad with outlines).

The problem is, about halfway through my writing, I suddenly lose my train of thought and I get stuck. And depending on how often I daydream about my potential storyline, I can get stuck for weeks, even months and sometimes years. And so I leave it on the back burner and jump to the next idea that's suddenly floating in my head.

I think it's been over six or seven years since I've actually finished a piece of writing from beginning to end. I just can't seem to keep my attention focused long enough to write it all out and get it done before working on the next project.

Motivation's not an issue; when I want to write, then damnit, I'm gonna write. I carry most of my writing on a USB key that's with me at all times. So when there's a lull in work, or my anticoag clinic is running slow, I pop in my key and start writing. Sometimes, I carry notebooks, just to get that feel of writing longhand, but I don't do that as much anymore ever since I graduated from university.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:32 pm