Chill, Chat, Collide

Join our friendly community where your interests can be shared, expressed, and enjoyed!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chill, Chat, Collide

Join our friendly community where your interests can be shared, expressed, and enjoyed!

Chill, Chat, Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly community where you can share your interests and enjoy talking about them with others.

2 posters

How to Stay Awake in a Boring Calculus Class?

Celten
    Celten

How to Stay Awake in a Boring Calculus Class? Empty How to Stay Awake in a Boring Calculus Class?

Post  Celten Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:06 am

So this year I took AP Calculus AB as my math course, and it's not bad in terms of content, but my teacher is so boring and monotonous. He would actually do the "Do Now" and basically we sit for the entire period watching him answer the questions for us. I know it's not surprising, but I hate to fall asleep in the middle of class. Now here's some ways (and still being updated!) that I actually stay awake in my class!

1. Eat for the entire class. Now if you want to gain weight, this is an option. If not, skip to the next one. But yeah, eating distracts you from dozing of and gives you the energy to stay awake (depends on the food). Now, don't drink any tea or hot chocolate, for that actually makes you fall asleep quicker once you drink it all.

2. Have someone behind you punch you. Eh, kinda obvious to have someone to do so. For me, I have a friend that sits behind me and notices if I'm dozing when he sees my head bob up and down. Then he just taps me awake or something. You can also have someone in front of you to slap you awake. =)

3. Ask the teacher to use the bathroom. And no, you're not going to actually go to the bathroom (unless you really need to). It's an excuse to get out of the room, walk around, meet strangers, say hi to the security guards, and streak across the hallways. Now, depending on where the bathrooms are in your school, the optimal time of staying out of the classroom varies. As for me, the bathroom may not be open (and therefore I have to go to another floor) and if it's open, it's right down the hall from my classroom. So optimal time ranges from 5 min - 10 min. Enough time to wake you up. Another variation of this option is going to the infirmary, but you can't just use it everyday.

4. Cell Phone! Now it works for me since I have a big person in front of me and I'm around the back of the class. Just simply take out your phone and do whatever, except making calls, we don't want the teacher to hear you. Recommended games (at the moment): Angry Birds; Shark Attack

5. Imagine your teacher was Lady Gaga in disguise. We all know how Lady Gaga can be in her fancy outfits, but what if she was disguised as your teacher this whole time!? Pretend you're waiting in suspense for her to break out of her disguise by seeing any flaws in her outfits. Now, if you are able to listen to your MP3 players:

- Alejandro: Look around and take note of each of your classmates. They might just be waiting for Lady Gaga for a cue to start dancing like male models in Alejandro. Or they're scared that your teacher might take out her machine gun bra.

- Born This Way: Inside your teacher's body is Lady Gaga breeding. Your classmates are in suspense as they await the baby's arrival.

sophie
    sophie
    Y u m.
    Y u m.

How to Stay Awake in a Boring Calculus Class? Empty Re: How to Stay Awake in a Boring Calculus Class?

Post  sophie Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:44 pm

Celten wrote:
    Insert Long Text.

As much as there's wonderful ideas, I lol'd so much reading it.
    Imo, the phone thing doesn't really work, you'd be staring down, and majority
    of the teachers know a trick to get to catch you.. In my school at least.
    I would give this a thumbs up though, well done~