Chill, Chat, Collide

Join our friendly community where your interests can be shared, expressed, and enjoyed!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chill, Chat, Collide

Join our friendly community where your interests can be shared, expressed, and enjoyed!

Chill, Chat, Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly community where you can share your interests and enjoy talking about them with others.

First Time going to an Anime Con? [Guide]

Kuroryou
    Kuroryou

First Time going to an Anime Con? [Guide] Empty First Time going to an Anime Con? [Guide]

Post  Kuroryou Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:43 pm

WIP

What is an Anime Convention?
    An Anime convention

I don't know if there is a convention in my town/city/village.
    Google is your best friend. Big cities and towns tend to have conventions.

What can you do?
    • Make friends with the same interests
    • Go to panels to meet you favorite voice actors or to watch anime or play games etc
    • Buy stuff like plushies, t-shirts, buttons, posters and dvds
    • Cosplay! Take pictures of cosplayers
    • Be nerdy!
    • Have fun!

What to bring
    • Water and Food (They do sell water and food but it is very expensive)
    • A bookbag or passenger bag to carry all of the stuff you buy
    • A sweater (Depending on what date the con is on and your location)
    • Comfortable shoes/sandals. Your feet will hurt, and I speak from experience
    • Energy! Don't stay up the night before acting like a hamster on coffee. You will crash if you have to wait in line at 5 or 6 in the morning.
    • Deodorant. Especially if you sweat a lot. There are thousands of people in the same enclosed space as you. It will smell!
    • Money!! Very important if you plan on buying things. Recommended budget is $100-$200.

OMG!1! There is so much I want to buy!
    Before you start buying anything. Do the steps listed before you realize you just wasted $30 on a plushie that was $20 somewhere else.
    1. Look around! Don't just buy anything you want. Be smart and list what you want the most to what you can wait another year for. Artists and dealers tend to come back to the same con every year.
    2. Is it cheaper on eBay? If you find something in the Dealer's room and you think there is a similar product on eBay, don't buy it. Most likely eBay is cheaper unless you know for the a fact that you can't get it from ebay for cheaper.
    3. Accessories! Is it practical? This is seriously important so pay attention! My friend bought this gas mask thing last year for like $30 or something like that. It is not practical because where else can you really wear a gas mask without looked like a freak or a killer. Hats, necklaces, bracelets, etc are fine. Ask yourself "Can you wear it on a daily basis?" If the answer is yes, get it.

Kuroryou
    Kuroryou

First Time going to an Anime Con? [Guide] Empty Re: First Time going to an Anime Con? [Guide]

Post  Kuroryou Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Reserved for FAQ...

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:51 am